Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7/14

 
   Hi my name is James and I believe we were not ready for Sandy because of the many deaths and property damage.  Our response to the storm was negative for everyone!!! From the "Superstorm Sandy- a people's Shock?" shows that the poor and working-class people are far more vulnerable to a climate crisis.  One keyword that stood out to me was "vulnerable".   Using this keyword in the reading, the writer trying to say that the lower class people are easier to fall or be effected in certain disasters.  In result of Hurricane Sandy many people lost their lives, their was more unemployment rates and it seem the government and big companies are having there way with the city.  It seem the main people who took effect to this crisis was the poor and middle class people.  I find it scary  to know if I owned a mom-and-pop store and it get destroyed, a bigger store like Walmart would take is place.  No matter how much I would try and fight the bigger corporations would bully me out of whats mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I think that ur blog does a good job at showing examples of how the poor and middle class people are vulnerable to the effects climate change. I also think you did a good job at picking a key word and giving the definition. You should read your blog out loud before you publish it because there many errors that kept me from understanding your essay clearly. Also you need to say what you are reading and pulling evidence from. Don't forget to add quotes and it's citation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tanya for taking time out to read my blog. I see the errors you was talking about and a little embarrass to re read it but glad to say if I had to do it over again it'll be better

    ReplyDelete